Oteas Organic Earl Grey Tea Infused Cupcakes
These cupcakes are easy to make and have the distinct taste of Oteas Organic Earl Grey tea. The tea infused cupcakes are soft on the pallet and steeped with Earl Grey tea that we mix straight into the batter. The addition of vanilla icing and topping of caramel are a delicious treat on a cosy night in or great for serving at an outing. Everyone will want to know just how you got the taste of tea into a cupcake and only you will have that trick up your sleeve. So roll up those sleeves, grab your ingredients from the pantry, and let’s get baking!! We recommend serving these treats alongside a freshly steeped cup of Organic Earl Grey tea. And we’d be so cheeky to say that you need a cup while you are baking these babies too!!
- Bake Temp: 350 F
- Prep Time: 2 hrs 35 min
- Bake Time: 15 -18 mins
- Yields approx. 20 cup cakes
Here’s how we do it:
- 1 Cup Milk (your preferred blend but we used skim milk)
- 4 Oteas Organic Earl Grey Tea Bags
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamon
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Veggie Oil
METHOD: FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- Place milk into a frying pan on stove top and bring milk to a simmer using medium heat, once it starts to simmer remove the pan straight away from the heat.
- Place 4 Oteas Organic Earl Grey tea bags into the heated milk and gently stir.
- Place milk along with the tea bags into a heat proof container and cover with beeswax cloth and place into fridge to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Once the 2 hours is up squeeze excess moisture from tea bags into milk mixture and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your cupcake tins using cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cardamon until mixed through.
- In a stand up mixer, using the paddle arm, add the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Beat these on high for approximately 5 min, until it becomes thick and full.
- Once mixed fully together add the oil and mix for one more minute.
- Now using the low speed of your mixer add the dry mix you set aside and combine together.
- Now add the tea-infused milk and mix until fully combined.
- Using a small spoon place batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake in oven on middle and top rack for approximately 18 min (check at 15 min). Once a toothpick can come out of the middle of the cupcake without any batter sticking to it, it is ready to be removed from the oven.
- Allow to cool fully on cooling rack before icing.
FOR THE ICING:
- 2 Cups Butter heated to room temperature
- 6 Cups of Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla (*1/2 tsp Milk if needed)
Mix all ingredients together using whisk by hand until mixed through. If mixture is too runny add more icing sugar. *If it is too hard add a small amount of vanilla or milk. We hope you love this recipe. We think it would taste great using our Oteas Black Tea and Caramel blend too!!
**Recipe Adapted from: https://foodduchess.com/earl-grey-cupcakes-with-salted-caramel-buttercream/ Written by Amie on Mar 28, 2020